Friday, February 6, 2009

Short Ribs






This is a dish that I have been looking forward to make for quite a while.
Dont tell my doc, because it is not a healthy one, but a true tasty eat.
Kristy and I went to Sams club, and stocked up on toilet paper and other stuff for the next decade. They really do have some good products and great prices, I could shop there for my work if I wanted to, and would save a lot of money, too. Just easier to have someone deliver your order to you. There are a couple of ways you can do this:

You can use a crock pot, aka slow cooker, or take your time if you have it and
do it in steps.
I made asian style short ribs (first time), with ginger, sweet-chili mai ploy, garlic, onion, mustard, teriyaki, and broth.

First thing I do is season the ribs with snp, and sear them with sesame oil for about 30 seconds on each side place in cooking pan, and follow with more ribs that need to be seared.

Next, remove excess oil, and add garlic, onion, saute for about 1 minute, or till golden.

Add remaining ingredients, fresh scallions and cilantro are great to use too, ( I was out of these 2 ingredients). Add liquid to ribs and braise for about 2 hours on 350 F, basically till meat is fallen off the bone.

These ribs are more fatty than baby back ribs, which I are my favorite, but do have a great flavor and are super succulent. We ate these with the French beans and tomatoes, no starch, because Im trying to cut my carbs, funny because as Im typing this, I just ordered a pizza.

Pretty much whatever type of flavor you want you can do, american...add use bbq sauce of course...mexican use fresh chile peppers, ground.. Asian, and more, let me know.








No comments:

Post a Comment